Treatment For An Overactive Bladder in Jacksonville, FL
Our urologists have years of experience in using the latest and most modern technology to provide our patients in Jacksonville, FL with the very best treatment. According to Urology Care Foundation, 30% of men and 40% of women are diagnosed or are facing symptoms of overactive bladder.
What is Axonics Therapy?
Axonics Therapy is a clinically proven solution for treating symptoms of overactive bladder (including urinary urgency incontinence), bowel (fecal) incontinence and urinary retention.
What are the benefits of Axonics Therapy?
- Small Size: Safely delivers therapy with a miniaturized implant
- Long-Term Therapy: Designed to provide long-term symptom relief
- Full-Body MRI: Eligible for full-body MRI under approved conditions
- Clinically Proven: In a clinical study, Axonics Therapy provided sustained safety and symptom relief at 3 years2
How does Axonics Therapy work?
Axonics Therapy provides gentle stimulation to the nerves that control the bladder and bowel, which can restore normal control and result in symptom improvement.
The Evaluation Step: To see if Axonics Therapy is right for you, you will undergo a short period of therapy using a temporary system. The evaluation period allows you to experience the level of symptom relief the therapy may provide before you commit to long-term therapy.
Long-term Therapy: If you and your doctor determine that Axonics Therapy is right for you, you will have an outpatient procedure where the miniaturized Axonics implant is placed just beneath the skin in the upper part of your buttock.
Clinically Proven. Patient Approved.
Backed by clinical studies, Axonics Therapy is clinically proven to help regain bladder and bowel control and deliver clinically meaningful improvement in quality of life.
- At 2-Years,
- 94% of patients were satisfied with their therapy1
- 93% of patients experienced a ≥50% reduction in urinary urgency incontinence symptoms1
- <2% of patients reported discomfort at the implant site1
Who is a good candidate for Axonics Therapy?
Our experts at Mciver Clinic will exam your symptoms and conduct diagnostic test to get a better idea if Axonics Therapy is for you.
Axonics Therapy is an approved treatment for patients suffering with:
- Overactive bladder (OAB) – the urgent need to urinate which may result in frequent urination and/or incontinence (leakage) episodes
- Urinary frequency – the need to urinate 8 or more times a day, which may or may not be associated with urgency
- Urinary urgency incontinence (UUI) – the urgent need to urinate or trouble holding urine before making it to the restroom
- Fecal (bowel) incontinence – involuntary loss of stool which may or may not be associated with urgency
- Nonobstructive urinary retention (UR) – the inability to completely empty the bladder which may result in trouble urinating or frequent small voids
- Axonics Therapy is indicated for patients who have failed conservative treatments, such as lifestyle changes, physical therapy, or medications.
Get the symptom relief you deserve!
Ready to take the first step towards symptom relief? Schedule a consultation with your doctor to discuss your symptoms and to determine if Axonics Therapy is right for you.